River tubing is a fantastic activity especially during the summer months. It offers a refreshing and enjoyable way to beat the heat and embrace the beauty of nature. However, before hopping on the trip, here are the things you need to prepare for a perfect trip!
There are plenty of Delaware River adventures. The Delaware River is often considered one of the best places to go for river tubing in New York. It is also the #1 choice for river tubing near NYC. Here are some reasons why the Delaware River stands out as a fantastic destination:
1. Scenic Beauty: As you float along the river, you’ll encounter stunning views of rolling hills, lush forests, and tranquil waterways. The peaceful and idyllic setting creates a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere for tubing.
2. Varied Tubing Routes: The Delaware River provides a range of tubing routes suitable for different preferences and skill levels. From gentle and leisurely stretches perfect for beginners to more adventurous sections, the river offers options to cater to various tubing preferences.
3. Lengthy Tubing Routes: The Delaware River offers long stretches of tubing routes, allowing for extended tubing trips that can span several hours. This provides ample time to relax, soak up the sun, and fully immerse yourself in the river’s natural splendor.
4. Wildlife and Nature Viewing: Tubing on the Delaware River provides opportunities for wildlife and nature viewing. Keep an eye out for various bird species, including eagles, herons, and ospreys, as well as other wildlife like turtles and fish.
5. Convenient Tubing Outfitters: The Delaware River region is well-equipped with tubing outfitters that provide all the necessary equipment and services to make your tubing trip smooth and enjoyable. These outfitters offer tube rentals, shuttle services, safety instructions, and sometimes additional amenities like changing facilities, parking, and food options.
6. Accessible Location: The Delaware River is easily accessible from various parts of New York, making it a convenient destination for a day trip or weekend getaway. Sourced Adventures’ River Tubing & Brewery Day Trip From NYC is your #1 choice for a river tubing day.
When planning for a river tubing trip, it’s important to bring the essentials for a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Here’s a comprehensive list of items for you to consider:
1. Swimwear: Wear your bathing suit or comfortable, quick-drying shorts and a lightweight shirt that you don’t mind getting wet.
2. Water Shoes or Sandals: Choose sturdy water shoes or sport sandals with secure straps to protect your feet from rocks, sharp objects, and the river bottom. Avoid wearing flip-flops as they can easily get lost in the water.
3. Sunscreen: Apply a waterproof sunscreen with a high SPF rating to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Reapply regularly throughout the day, especially after being in the water.
4. Hat and Sunglasses: Wear a wide-brimmed hat or a cap with a brim to shield your face and neck from the sun. Don’t forget to bring sunglasses with UV protection to protect your eyes.
5. Personal Flotation Device (PFD): Although not always required, wearing a properly fitted personal flotation device (PFD) or life jacket is highly recommended for safety. Ensure the PFD is approved by relevant safety standards.
6. Waterproof Bag or Dry Bag: Keep your personal belongings, such as your phone, keys, wallet, and extra clothing, safe and dry by storing them in a waterproof bag or dry bag.
7. Snacks and Water: Stay hydrated and energized by bringing plenty of water and some lightweight, non-perishable snacks like energy bars, trail mix, or fruit.
8. Towel and Extra Clothes: Pack a towel to dry off after your tubing adventure. It’s also a good idea to bring a change of clothes for the end of the trip.
9. Waterproof Camera or Phone Case: If you want to capture memories or take photos during your river tubing experience, consider bringing a waterproof camera or using a waterproof case for your phone.
10. Insect Repellent: Depending on the season and location, mosquitoes and other insects may be present near the river. Apply insect repellent to protect yourself from bites.
When embarking on a river tubing trip, it’s important to prioritize safety to ensure a fun and risk-free experience. Here are some general safety guidelines to consider:
1. Wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD): Always wear a properly fitted personal flotation device or life jacket while tubing. Ensure it is approved by relevant safety standards and fastened securely.
2. Choose the Right Tubing Route: Select a tubing route that matches your skill level and experience. Consider factors such as the river’s current, rapids, and any potential hazards.
3. Check Water Conditions: : Prior to tubing, check the current water conditions and weather forecasts. Avoid tubing during or after heavy rainfall or when water levels are too high or turbulent.
4. Tubing in Groups: Whenever possible, tube with a group. Stay together and keep an eye out for one another. (Looking for fellow adventurers? Come join us on the River Tubing & Brewery Day Trip From NYC!
5. Follow Instructions and Guidelines: Listen to any safety instructions provided by tubing outfitters or guides. They will often brief you on proper techniques, potential risks, and emergency procedures. Follow their guidance and adhere to any specific guidelines or rules they have in place.
Monday - Friday