Rarely can visitors combine a relaxing city break with a fun-fuelled adventure, but not in Bend. Famed for being ‘The Playground of the West’, Bend plays host to various outdoor attractions and a lush, green cityscape. This makes it a magnet for explorers, who relish in the sun-drenched days, cool nights, and abundance of activities. Yet, of all activities to entice visitors, hitting the slopes of nearby Mt. Bachelor is easily the most impressive.
When you think about it, there is no wonder it has been ranked as one of the top ski resorts in North America for 12 years running, by both Condé Nast and MSN.com. Offering 3,683 acres of terrain, 3,365 feet of vertical drops and flawless conditions, Mt. Bachelor is a haven for winter sports enthusiasts. Since its last eruption almost 10,000 years ago, this silently rumbling volcano has welcomed millions of people to its slopes– and for good reason. With blissful bluebird days, pristine panoramas and fine dining in its repertoire, there is everything you need here to have an unforgettable mountain getaway.
Friday, March 15th: New York City to Bend, Oregon
- Depart from Newark Airport, on United Airlines Flight 637 at 9:30 am. Remember to arrive at the airport for 7:15 am at the latest, so you don’t miss your flight.
- Arrive in San Francisco at approximately 1:03 pm to board our connecting flight.
- Depart from San Fransico Airport on United Airlines Flight 5893 at 1:35 pm. This flight will be operated by United Express.
- Arrive in Bend, Oregon at around 3:20 pm.
- From here, the shuttle service will take us directly from the airport to our luxury lodgings- the Double Tree Hotel.
Thursday, March 21st: Bend, Oregon to New York City
- Leave the Double Tree Hotel at 8:00 am in the shuttle service, which will take us directly to the airport.
- Depart from Redmond/Bend Airport on United Airlines Flight 5880 at 10:45 am. This part of your journey will be operated by United Express.
- Arrive in San Francisco at approximately 12:31 pm for our next flight.
- Depart from San Francisco Airport on United Airlines Flight 1443 at 2:30 pm
- Arrive at Newark Airport at around 11:00 pm.
Please note that the shuttle service in Oregon is included in all transportation costs, so you don’t have to worry about organizing one.