Don’t be fooled by the same old “all-inclusive” resort vacation. Be a traveler, not a tourist and join us for an epic 5-Day Tulum & Chichen Itza Adventure in the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico! Tulum Ruins, Chichen Itza, Zipline, Cliff Jumping and delicious food help make this an unforgettable and unconventional way to explore the Riviera Maya.
ONLY $250 DEPOSIT PER PERSON REQUIRED TO RESERVE ONLINE
Full Trip Itinerary:
| DAY 1: WEDNESDAY – ARRIVAL & CHECK-IN |
- Get picked up at the Cancun International airport and enjoy a comfortable 40 minute ride from Cancun to Playa del Carmen
- Check into your boutique hotel, just blocks from the white-sand beach after 3 p.m.
- Enjoy a complimentary margarita at the open-air restaurant as you meet your guide
- Overnight at the Hotel Aventura Mexicana.
| DAY 2: THURSDAY – TULUM RUINS & JUNGLE TOUR |
- After breakfast, get picked up for your Alltournative Tulum & Jungle Maya Excursion
- Explore the famous Mayan Ruins of Tulum and enjoy a swim at its beaches
- Swim in underground caves called “cenotes”
- Zip-line through the jungle canopy
- Receive a blessing from a Mayan shaman
- Enjoy a traditional Mayan lunch
- Ride a 4×4 through the jungle
- Overnight at the Hotel Aventura Mexicana. Breakfast provided
| DAY 3: FRIDAY – CHICHEN ITZA |
- After breakfast, head one of our vans will pick you up to head to the magical ruins of Chichen Itza
- Visit Chichen Itza, the archaeological site named “wonder of the modern world”
- Afterwards Cool off in the crystalline waters of the Cenote with the largest vault of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Overnight at Hotel Aventura Mexicana. Breakfast provided
| DAYS 4: SATURDAY – BEACH DAY |
- Take advantage of the sun & sand and explore Playa‘s beaches
- Enjoy a free Yoga session at the hotel (donation based)
- Explore the town’s dining, shopping, and nightlife activities
- Overnight at Hotel Aventura Mexicana. Breakfast provided.
| DAY 5: SUNDAY – CHECK-OUT & DEPARTURE |
- Check-out of your hotel and head to the airport
- Airport transfer back to Cancun International Airport
- Fly back home
Dates: Tours run almost every week excluding some holiday periods. Choose the date you plan to arrive.
Boutique Hotel, Jungle Tour & Tulum Ruins
You’ll arrive Wednesday and start by checking into your double occupancy room at Hotel Aventura Mexicana, one of the regions’ most renowned boutique hotels. On the first night you’ll enjoy a margarita on us as you meet your SA guide. If you’ve got the energy, take advantage of the Aventura’s prime location in the heart of Playa del Carmen and head out to explore this bustling beach town’s nightlife. Thursday morning you’ll enjoy your hot breakfast served in the on-site bistro before heading out on on your first full day with our Tulum & Jungle Maya Excursion.
Explore the majestic Cenote Maya, with the largest dome in the Yucatan Peninsula. You can swim in this natural jewel and enjoy some adventure activities. Discover the Mayan culture, participate in an authentic blessing ceremony and enjoy traditional buffet prepared with organic vegetables.
For more information on Playa del Carmen and all of the incredible things to see and or do on your free day or before, we recommend reading our Playa del Carmen Travel Guide.
Click "Check Availability" for up to date pricing and availability.
Pricing starts at $595 per person
Pricing is based on Double Occupancy. Solo Travelers must pay single supplement fee.
- Round-trip airport transfer
- Double Occupancy Room at Hotel Aventura Mexicana
- Daily Hot Breakfasts
- Daily Morning Yoga (donation based)
- Visit the Ancient Mayan Ruins of Tulum
- Zipline through the trees, 4×4 through the Jungle, Swim in underground caves and be blessed by a Mayan Shaman on Alltournative’s Tulum & Jungle Maya Excursion
- Visit Chichen Itza a “wonder of the world” and archaeological site followed by lunch and swimming in cenotes
- Explore the Playa del Carmen’s Shopping, Food & Nightlife
- Fully Guided Experience with trained SA Guide
- All transfers per itinerary
Note that flights are not included in this package.
Cancun Airport (Our team will pick you up)
Day One (Wednesday): Arrival
- Check-in is at 3pm – Our guide will welcome you
- Complimentary Welcome Happy hour in the evening
Day Two (Thursday): Tulum & Jungle Maya
- Continental Breakfast
- 7:15am: Alltournative Pickup at Hotel*
- Jungle Maya (Cenotes, Ziplines, Shamanic Blessing, Authentic Mayan Lunch, 4×4 through the jungle
- Explore Tulum & swim on the beach
- Return to Hotel late afternoon
Day Three (Friday): Xel-Ha (some packages)
- Continental Breakfast
- 7:50am: Xel-ha pickup at hotel
- Water park (Lazy River, all you can eat and all you can drink buffett)
- Return to Hotel early evening
Day Four (Saturday): Free Day
- Continental Breakfast
- Optional add-on morning snorkeling tour, hang out at the beach or explore!
- Farewell Happy Hour with drink specials
Day Five (Sunday): Checkout & Goodbye!
What is the hotel name, contact information, and address?
Hotel Aventura Mexicana
Toll Free (from USA): 800-537-4197
Calle 24 Norte Mz 55 Lt 10, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Can I go as a single traveler?
If you would like to go on this trip as a single traveler, you can pay the single supplement fee. This is necessary as a single traveler.
What options are available on our free day?
There will be an optional excursion to take a morning snorkeling trip complete with transportation, food, drink and everything you need to enjoy the morning.
There are also a large number of other things you can do on the free day! The Yucatan is an amazing region and this is your day to explore a bit more…
How easy is it to get to the beach from the Hotel?
Very easy. The hotel is a few short blocks from the beach and you can also take advantage of your included towel service and beach club access at Indigo Club.
How close are we to 'La Quinta,' the famous shopping area in Playa?
The hotel is just one block away from 5th Avenue (or ‘La Quinta’) with its world famous shopping, restaurants and clubs.
What are the typical weather conditions during the given departures?
Sunny & warm, but occasional showers are common too in the fall.
We're coming in the fall, is there anything we should know?
The fall can be a bit wetter in the Yucatan region. For this reason, we recommend bringing bug repellent during this time!
What disabilities can you accommodate? And what level of activity is required?
There is a moderate level climbing and swimming required with the event. If you have a serious disability, please contact Sourced Adventures. Ultimately the level of activity is moderate to low and you don’t need any physical preparation for this trip.
How far is it from the Cancun International Airport to Playa?
It’s about 55km and usually takes about 4o minutes to an hour, traffic permitting.
Are Credit Cards accepted in Playa?
Yes, major credit cards are generally accepted at larger restaurants and at our partners’ locations. That said, it is recommended to bring american money in small bills for tipping, smaller purchases and just in case there are issues with credit card readers.
Can I take money out/is there an ATM?
There are ATMs near the hotel.
Is food included in the package?
Breakfast is included in the package as well as lunch on two days (during the two day trips).
Is drink included?
You can get drinks by upgrading to the VIP package.
Can dietary restrictions be accommodated? If so which ones?
Vegetarians can be accommodated but please reach out to Sourced Adventures if you have a more severe dietary restriction.
Where do I meet the shuttle and what am I looking for?
Walk out of the terminal and outside (we have your flight itinerary so we know where you’ll be). Keep an eye out for El Nopal transfer services and there should be someone holding a sign with your name.
Can I upgrade my room?
If you reach out to us before your trip we can check with the Aventura to see if this is possible. Remember the farther in advance you reach out the more likely we can help!
Is it safe?
Yes completely. The Riviera Maya is a world-renowned and developed tourist destination that hosts plays host to golf tournaments and other international events.
Should I buy Travel Insurance?
Can I extend my stay?
Absolutely! The rates for extending your stay are the following for the 2020 season:
- Extra Night at the Aventura (May-Aug) – $120
- Extra Night at the Aventura (Sept-Oct) – $99
You can add nights on during check out or call us and our reservations team will help, 646-847-2367
Is there a weight limit for these tours?
Yes! The weight limit is 267 lbs. or 120 kg.
We're committed to providing you with the best value and best customer service possible, this is the Sourced Adventures promise. We have a trained and capable Guide on all of our trips who not only ensures you get everything you came for, but that you have the best time possible. We go above and beyond and our staff does the same. If you have a bad experience, or if something prevents you from enjoying the activity the way it was supposed to be enjoyed pleased let us know and we'll do what we can to make it right. We want you to have an awesome time, period -- it's what we do.
No refunds or reschedules 60 days prior to date selected. Outside of 60 days all cancellations require $100 fee. Deposits are non-refundable. If paying a deposit, final payment will be due in full either 30 days after booking or 30 before trip (whichever comes first). You may transfer your ticket to anyone else up to the day before the trip. No full or partial refunds are given to customers who miss the trip. In the unlikely event that the trip is canceled, your voucher will be fully refunded. Each ticket is good for one person. You must plan to room with another guest or pay the single supplement fee. Valid ID required. The package is valid only for tickets on the date[s] of the trip as listed and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates. All dates and occupancy subject to availability. Rates are based on rooms filled with two people and double occupancy.
In order to attend any Sourced Adventure whether your ticket is purchased directly through Sourced Adventures, Inc. or any of it's affiliates, distributors or partners you are required to sign and submit a copy of our release of liability waiver before departure. We will collect your waiver on-site and by attending you must agree to our release of liability terms outlines in our waiver. The waiver is available for view or print here: sourcedadventures.com/waiver
Please note that the Tulum Jungle Maya expedition (day two of the trip) may not be suitable for pregnant women or for anyone who weighs over over 264 pounds . Children under 6 years old can also not participate on the Tulum Jungle Maya Expedition.
If you have any additional questions, please reference our FAQ page here: sourcedadventures.com/faq.